1. The technician will first inspect the garage door opener and its components for any signs of damage, wear, and tear, or other issues that could be causing the problem.
2. Testing the Remote: If the garage door opener is not responding to the remote, the technician will test the remote's battery and signal to determine if it is functioning appropriately.
3. The safety sensors are located at the bottom of the garage door opening. They emit an invisible beam of light between them, and if that beam is broken while the door is closing, then the door will automatically stop and reverse direction. The technician will check to ensure that the sensors are correctly aligned and clean so that they can work properly.
4. The tracks should be cleaned of any dirt, dust, or debris so that the door can move freely up and down. The technician will check the tracks for any debris buildup or damage that could be causing the issue.
5. Testing the Motor: To ensure the motor is working properly, the technician will listen for any unusual noises and check for leaks. They will also test the start button to ensure it turns on and off smoothly, and if it is not working efficiently, the door may not open or close. The technician will test the motor and its components to identify any issues.
6. The chain or belt should be lubricated, so it doesn’t rust. The technician will also check for any cracks or fraying.
7. The springs help balance the door's weight so the opener doesn’t have to work as hard. Over time, though, they can become worn out and need to be replaced.
8. The rollers help to keep the door balanced as well. They can become worn out and need to be replaced eventually.
9. The remote control: Finally, the technician will test the remote control to ensure that it works properly. They will also replace the batteries if necessary and inspect the wiring and connections to ensure they are secure and functional
Once the technician has completed these steps, he will be able to determine the underlying cause of the garage door opener problem and recommend the best repair or replacement solution.